Thursday, April 14, 2011

found & restored

I should have taken a before photo because this dress was completely destroyed, shredded etc. I started restoring it last week, all by hand. Luckily the most of the flaws were near seams, and the ones that weren't I was able to patch with a few creative and historically viable solutions. As fate would have it, I came across a 20s-30s purple sequin heart applique about 1 hour before I found the dress (at a different antique store). I also had some old purple velvet ribbon I found at an antique store last year that worked perfectly along the back. All in all, it took about 10 hours and I think it looks absolutely beautiful - one of my favorite projects so far.


  1. Holy @#$%#@! What a stunning dress! I would have loved to see before photos and work-in-progress photos too. Do more posts like this!! :)